Amanda is a New York qualified attorney with 15 years’ experience in litigation and compliance and an LLM from the University of East London. She has significant experience in anti-money laundering and financial investigations, and specialises in cryptocurrency regulation in the UK and US. She has successfully applied for registrations on behalf of exchanges with the FCA in the UK, as well as FinCEN and money transmitter licenses in the US.
Amanda delivers risk-based, creative and transformative solutions that are compliant with law and regulations but also reflect her clients’ commercial and technical goals.
Amanda Advises On
- Regulatory strategy to help businesses identify the optimal regulatory jurisdiction for product releases, including: crypto exchange activities, custody, NFT’s and Web3 products.
- Designing compliance frameworks, including risk assessments and creating business forward, legally compliant onboarding procedures to improve customer acquisition rates.
- Implementing blockchain and transaction monitoring programs, overseeing cryptocurrency investigations, improving SAR quality and second-line testing frameworks, including Travel Rule compliance.
- Advising in complex securities fraud and white collar prosecutions against individual and corporate clients in civil and criminal cases alleging fraud, money laundering, bribery and corruption cases.
- Extensive litigation in U.S. state and federal court, trying 40 cases to jury trials.
- Acted as the UK Money Laundering Reporting Officer for Kraken and Bitstamp
- Defended individuals charged by the Department of Justice for operating an unlicensed crypto exchange and related charges for alleged wire fraud, bribery and failure to register as a Money Service Business.
- Opposed Restraint Order for client’s offshore Jersey trust following a $22.4 million restitution decree from U.S. for bribery and related charges in Africa.