"Sarah led the efforts of Manchester City in the Community driving change and leading the global strategy. This has been and always will be a cornerstone of the City Football Group and providing a reference point for both the brand and its ambition”
“Sarah puts a passion into any project she is working on and I know her clients really appreciate what she does”
“With a commercial head, Sarah is passionate about social impact, through numerous channels, including sport where she has particular knowledge”
Sarah Lynch is an experienced director specialising in change management, innovation and new business generation within International businesses and Not-For-Profits.
She has over 30 years’ experience of leading large international teams and her own consultancy business.
Whether it is successfully opening up a new market or expanding internationally, Sarah has experience of growing brands and teams across a number of different markets in Europe, Asia Pacific & the Americas and within the private and Not-For-Profit sectors.
Sarah’s experience in the Not-For-Profit area specifically has resulted in the establishment and growth of charitable foundations in the UK and abroad and the ability for businesses to maximise their social credibility and impact through their charitable work.
Business leaders and their organisations in the following sectors:
- Sport, and particularly Football and Cycling
- FMCG and particularly Apparel/Footwear
- Retail -Online and Offline
Sarah has particular experience in opening up new markets and international expansion:
- Launched Manchester City FC’s first International CSR base in the US, in New York. Acquired a community coaching team from a New York Junior Football Club and laid down football pitches in disadvantaged areas of key major cities in the US including New York, Los Angeles and Miami.
- Opened up the Chinese, South Asian and Eastern European markets for Clarks.
- Advised on the successful launch into the UK and Irish markets of a global Footwear brand based in Italy
Sarah has also advised on the disposal of a £20m UK retail business and had in-house experience of global mergers.
Sarah is also a trustee of Wythenshawe Community Initiative, a Manchester based charity.
- Consultant and Non-Exec in the Not-For-Profit sector (2012-Present)
- Consultant and trusted advisor to a global online sports accessories firm (2018-Present)
- Consultant to a Global Footwear Brand (2016-2018)
- CEO of Plantas Shoes UK (2013-2017)
- MD, City in the Community, Manchester City FC (2010-2012)
- SVP EMEA and Asia Pacific, Umbro/Nike (2007-2009)
- European MD, Select Comfort (2006-2007)
- International Director, Clarks (2002-2006)
- Group Marketing Director, Scholl (1996-2002)
- Leadership Course, Insead (2002)
- Leadership Course, Ashridge (1995)
- University of Salford , French and German (1981-1985)
- Hunter magazine, Shanghai, October 2004: Launch of Clarks brand in China