Andy Bate is a qualified chartered accountant with in excess of 15 years’ experience working in corporate finance and private equity organisations, where he did multiple Merger and Acquisitions and fund raising transactions and has sat on 15+ Boards.
He made the cross-over in wanting to build his own businesses and in the last 10 years, is a founding partner of a fast-growing and successful e-commerce company, and in 2019, co-founded and launched an education software business around capturing and evidencing health and wellbeing in children. Andy is also a founding partner of the consultancy/operating partners arm of Gunner Cooke Operating Partners.
The vast amount of businesses Andy has appraised and worked with in his corporate finance and private equity career, coupled with his own “at the coalface” learning experiences of starting, building and developing his own businesses, gives an invaluable insight into how businesses and Boards should function.
Andy advises on
- Strategy and Business Planning
- Corporate Finance
- Board & Governance
- Leadership/Team development
- Co-founder and COO of Gifting E-commerce Business
- Founder and Director of Bounce Together Ltd (Data Capture and reporting tool evidencing issues such as mental health, wellbeing, behaviour and health/physical activity in schools and corporates)
- Part of tutoring panel for IN>PD (In Professional Development)
- PWC (Audit)
- KPMG (Corporate Finance)
- Baird Capital (Private Equity)
- Barclays Ventures (Private Equity)
- Securities Institute Exams (2001)
- Chartered Accountant (ICAEW – 1999)