Jeremy Earnshaw is a current Non-Executive Director, Portfolio Chief Financial Officer, Executive Coach & Mentor, and a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. Jeremy has been operating at Main Board C-Suite Chief Financial Officer level for over 25 years to date, having been one of the youngest PLC CFO’s at age 29, leading a full IPO listing on the London Stock Exchange.
Working across multiple sectors including Housing, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, Printing, Retail Marketing, and Online E-Commerce, Jeremy is highly experienced on all Main Board and CFO matters, with specialisms in Funding, M & A, Stakeholder Communication and Value Creation. With international experience in Europe, North America and Asia, Jeremy’s roles have always encompassed a wide range of responsibilities, including Legal, Governance, Risk, Financial PR and Procurement.
During his CFO career to date, working in PLC (x2), Private Equity, Venture Capital (x2), Regulated (Housing) and Private organisations, Jeremy has raised substantial Debt and Equity funding. This has included a £50m Equity Placing & Open Offer, a £33m Equity IPO, Structured Senior Debt Facilities of £75m, £179m, £250m, a Private Placement of £120m, and most recently secured Supply Chain and Trade Financing facilities of €125m together with Working Capital & Revolving Capital Facilities.
Using the vast experience gained in both growth markets and challenging downturns, Jeremy is also now a qualified, trained Executive Coach & Mentor (at the most advanced level via the Institute of Leadership & Management) and completes a part-time Postgraduate Masters MSc Degree in Coaching & Mentoring at Newcastle University later in 2023.
Jeremy is also helping other companies with his experience by adding NED roles to his portfolio. He currently serves as Chair of the Audit & Risk Committee on the Board of Optoma, a €260m Revenue global leader in the production and distribution of Visual Display products, and holds the same position at fully-listed One Heritage Group PLC, a UK-based Property Developer. Additionally, he is a NED at Housing Association 54North Homes, part of the Karbon Homes Group, where Jeremy is a Member of the Remuneration, People & Nomination Committee. He has one further NED role in a technology-led e-commerce start-up business where he Chairs the Investment & Finance Committee.
- Portfolio and part-time CFO roles
- Non-Executive Director positions
- Board Advisory roles
- Leadership Development with Individuals and Organisations
- Provision of Executive Education
- Executive Coaching & Mentoring
- Fundraising, having raised over £700m for organisations in his career to date
- IPO advisory, having led a full listing IPO process as CFO of a MBO entity
- M & A, having executed over 20 transactions (including cross-border) in his career, including two Reverse Takeovers, major disposals, and JVs
- Leading a full IPO of an MBO entity on the London Stock Exchange, delivering a ’49 for 1’ return for all investors
- Over an 8-year period, and as part of only a 2-person Board, creating over £200m of shareholder value in growing a PLC from an initial market capitalisation of £15m to an enterprise exit value of £318m
- Raising over £700m of Debt & Equity Funding for organisations during my career
- Operating as CFO in a rare combination of entities including PLC, PE, VC and also Regulated organisations
- Currently operating as a Non-Executive Director in 4 organisations
- Fully qualified Executive Coach & Mentor, with own practice.
Previous Workplace Highlights
BelleVie Care – Current from 2022 – Portfolio CFO at the award-winning technology-led Care In The Home provider, backed to date with c. £2m of Seed Investment Funding.
Your Housing Group 2014 to 2021 – one of the largest UK Regulated Housing Associations, with Revenues of over £150m and Net Assets of over £1.3 billion.
The Practice PLC 2012 to 2014 – delivered the required rapid turnaround for the VC-backed entity, from an annual loss of £3m to break even within 2 years.
Bezier Acquisitions 2005 to 2009 – managed a highly-leveraged PE-backed entity, with Revenues of £90m, through the credit crunch period of 2008/2009, maintaining shareholder value.
The Intercare Group PLC 1996 to 2005 – grew from Revenues of £24m and a market capitalisation of £15m upon joining, to Revenues of over £330m and an exit enterprise value of £318m upon agreed sale to Cardinal Health Inc, one of the largest Fortune 500 entities.
Parkside International PLC 1992 to 1996 – became one of the youngest fully-listed PLC CFOs when Parkside floated via IPO from its MBO status, delivering a 49 for 1 return to investors.
Clarendon Executive Coaching & Mentoring – Jeremy’s own private Coaching & Mentoring practice, created in 2019 to deliver Individual, Board, and Leadership development. Jeremy is qualified at the most advanced level with the Institute of Leadership & Management via the University of the West of England, and is currently expanding his skills by undertaking a part-time MSc Masters Degree in Coaching & Mentoring at Newcastle University, completing in 2023.