Neil is qualified as a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer. He is a Fellow of the institute of mechanical engineers. He has an MBA from Buckingham. He attended University of Kyoto for the advanced manufacturing course. He is passionate about Manufacturing and gives talks to schools.
He has 40 years of manufacturing experience in increasingly senior roles. He has worked in Machinery building, Beverage, Aerosol and Food Can manufacture, Composite containers, Automotive, Defence, the NHS and Food production. He has deployed BRC, WCM / Lean and ISO9000. He has acquired and integrated Manufacturing assets and had a successful MMC ruling.
He has been involved in a number of start-up businesses and has worked across Europe, Middle East and North America. He prides himself for a hands on, get it done attitude.
- Business Turnaround
- Project Management
- Mergers and acquisition integration
- National Engineering Scholarship (1980)
- Youngest General Manager – Metal Box (1991)
- Successful Acquisition of 4 factories in Finland and Poland for Metal Box (1993)
- JDE Edwards Go-Live for Crown Holdings – (1998)
- Acquisition of May GmbH – 2001
- Metal Box ( CarnaudMetalbox, Crown)
- US Can
- Plastic Omnium
- The Consultancy Company (NHS)
- Mash Direct
- Arabian Can
- Crown Cork-Middle East,
- Canco, Abu Dhabi.
- Binch Consulting (General Dynamics)
- Mash Direct
- Fellow Institute of Mechanical Engineers
- University of Edinburgh – BscHons
- University of Buckingham – MBA. (company sponsored)
- Advanced Manufacturing Course – Kyoto (1995)
- Director – Frome Valley Brewery (1997-2002)