Guiding you on accessing the funds to grow
Growing businesses is what a gunnercooke Operating Partner does best. We have vast knowledge of the funding market, how to present a funding requirement and how to create the right momentum to get a transaction over the line - and the money into your business.
Experience tells us that preparation is key to getting the best result on a funding requirement in your business. Taking the time to fully consider the commercial outcome that you want to achieve is a crucial part of success. We can assist in considering the business case, the impact and a strategy for presenting to this to potential funders.
We frequently prepare and host a on-day strategy meeting with our management team, to put a plan in place ahead of a potential fundraising exercise. By the end of the session, we will have taken the team through exercises to consider many factors which can contribute to the efficiency and success of a transaction:
- Alignment: what is the objective of this fundraising exercise and are all stakeholders in agreement on this?
- Valuation: are all stakeholders agreed on business valuation?
- Articulating the value: how will we present the business’s value drivers in the most attractive light to potential funders?
- Advisor briefing: how will we ensure how to get the best support for the transaction and what is the process for appointing advisors?
- Competitive Landscape: who are our main competitors and what are their strengths and weaknesses?
- Targets: Are there acquisition targets in our own or complementary sectors?